Los Angeles Misdemeanor Probation Lawyer
Have you been charged with a misdemeanor in Los Angeles, CA? You might be eligible for probation. Our Los Angeles misdemeanor probation lawyers can help you pursue a probationary sentence for your charges and keep you out of jail.
The Rodriguez Law Group is passionate about defending the rights of the accused. We have decades of experience helping Los Angeles residents reach favorable resolutions for their charges.
- 1 How Can the Rodriguez Law Group Help If I’m Charged With A Misdemeanor in Los Angeles?
- 2 Is My Misdemeanor Eligible for Probation in California?
- 3 What Conditions Come With Misdemeanor Probation in Los Angeles, CA?
- 4 What is a Probation Revocation / Probation Violation Hearing?
- 5 What Defenses Are Available for My Misdemeanor Charge?
- 6 Contact The Rodriguez Law Group Today for Help With Your Case
How Can the Rodriguez Law Group Help If I’m Charged With A Misdemeanor in Los Angeles?
Misdemeanors may sound harmless, but a crime is a crime. You can face jail time and heft fines for your charges. A Los Angeles criminal defense lawyer can help obtain a satisfactory outcome for your misdemeanor charges, including probation.
The Rodriguez Law Group is an elite criminal defense firm in Los Angeles, California. Our founding attorney, Ambrosio Rodriguez, worked as a prosecutor for 13 years and handled over 1,000 misdemeanor and felony cases. He now uses that experience to help the accused defend their rights.
Some of the steps we will take to defend you include:
- Asserting your constitutional right to remain silent
- Fully listening to your side of the story
- Using our own investigators to gather evidence
- Filing motions to suppress evidence
- Negotiating with prosecutors to reduce your charges or recommend probation
- Representing you in court in pursuit of a fair outcome
You can count on The Rodriguez Law Group to leave no stone unturned in building your defense. Contact us today to schedule your consultation with a Los Angeles criminal defense attorney.
Is My Misdemeanor Eligible for Probation in California?
Probation is available in many misdemeanor cases as an alternative to jail time. However, misdemeanor probation is much more likely to be granted for your first offense.
Every case is different, and an experienced lawyer will need to look at the facts and charges in your case to advise you properly. Our lawyers are skilled at presenting compelling arguments for probation.
What Conditions Come With Misdemeanor Probation in Los Angeles, CA?
Judges can grant probation in most misdemeanor cases. They consider many factors when deciding to grant probation, including the need to protect the public, the needs of the probationer, and the interests of justice.
If you are placed on probation, the judge has wide latitude to impose any conditions they feel are necessary.
While every case has different conditions, some common misdemeanor probation conditions may include:
- Check-ins with the court or a Probation Officer (PO)
- Community service
- Payment of restitution
- Drug and alcohol testing
- Counseling programs
Sometimes only one or two of these are imposed. Sometimes more. In any case, it is crucial you fully understand your obligations to stay compliant with probation. Otherwise you could face a violation hearing or revocation.
What is a Probation Revocation / Probation Violation Hearing?
If you violate the conditions of your misdemeanor probation, the state may try to revoke your probation at a probation violation hearing. When this happens, law enforcement may arrest you or obtain a warrant for your arrest. A common reason for a probation revocation hearing is that you missed a meeting with the court or PO.
Revocation means that your original probationary sentence is being taken away and the state is taking you into custody. The judge can impose a jail sentence up to the maximum sentence for your original crime.
Sometimes, the judge will modify the terms of your probation instead of revoking it. They may increase your probation or impose new conditions like community service or drug testing.
Because your freedom is at stake at a probation violation hearing, you have the right to an attorney. Make sure that you contact our Los Angeles misdemeanor probation lawyer if you are facing a probation violation hearing.
What Defenses Are Available for My Misdemeanor Charge?
Our legal team knows how to put together a strong defense regardless of the allegations against you.
If you are accused of a misdemeanor or of violating the terms of your probation, defenses include:
- Innocence or mistake identity
- The state can’t meet its burden of proof
- The police or PO violated your rights
- Lack of knowledge or intent
Each case is unique, and the defenses in your case will depend on the facts, allegations, and evidence against you. Your lawyer will analyze your case with you to determine the best strategy.
Contact The Rodriguez Law Group Today for Help With Your Case
If you are charged with a misdemeanor or are facing probation revocation, you need experienced Los Angeles misdemeanor probation lawyers in your corner. Our team will fight hard for your rights. Contact us today for your free consultation.
Our Los Angeles criminal defense law firm also provides:
- Los Angeles Domestic Violence Attorney
- Sex Crimes Attorney in Los Angeles
- Restraining Order Attorney in Los Angeles, CA
- Assault Attorney in LA
- Federal Crimes Attorney in Los Angeles
- LA Theft Crimes Lawyer
- Los Angeles, CA White Collar Crimes Attorney
- DUI Lawyer in Los Angeles, CA
- Los Angeles, CA Drug Crimes Attorney
- Juvenile Crimes Attorney in Los Angeles
Last Updated on March 31, 2022