Ambrosio Rodriguez Scholarship
The Rodriguez Law Group, a criminal defense law firm in Los Angeles, CA, is offering a $3,500 scholarship to one current or aspiring law student throughout the United States.
Ambrosio E. Rodriguez graduated from Georgetown University Law Center in 1997, and served as a Deputy District Attorney for 13 years. After leaving the D.A.’s office Mr. Rodriguez founded The Rodriguez Law Group, a Los Angeles based criminal defense firm. Mr. Rodriguez believes firmly in the value of hard work and seeks to reward individuals pursuing a career in criminal law.
The scholarship will be based on an essay and can be done on any topic. The range can be from 500-1250 words, anything over 1250 words will not be read.
Possible topics include:
- Why I want to practice criminal law (either as a prosecutor or criminal defense attorney)
- Discuss any adversity you had to overcome to fulfill your goal of attending law school
- What you hope to achieve with your law degree
- Applicant must demonstrate financial need,
- Must be a full-time student (proof of full-time status will be required before award is distributed),
- Applicant must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident, and
- Applicant must be a law student or interested in going to law school in the U.S.
The deadline to apply for this scholarship award is September 1st. If selected the applicant will be notified by October 1st and arrangements will be made for the distribution of the award. The award will be distributed directly to the student.
Method of Contact
Completed essays shall be sent either by email or by mail to:
The Rodriguez Law Group
626 Wilshire Blvd Suite 900
Los Angeles, CA 90017
Any applicant who applies gives The Rodriguez Law Group permission to contact them about the application for further follow-up information. They also give The Rodriguez Law Group the opportunity to use their name/and or information on this website as a listed recipient of the award. Applicants have full permission to list this award on any type of marketing information or career-oriented paperwork.
Best of luck, we look forward to your submission!
2015 Scholarship Winner
Congratulations to Patty Chen from UCLA School of Law. She’s the first recipient of the Ambrosio E. Rodriguez Scholarship. We wish her the best of luck with her legal studies.
Last Updated on July 17, 2020